Firaxicon XCOM panels available on Youtube!
October 21st, 2014
- Firaxis has released video footage of the two panels dedicated to XCOM: Enemy Unknown during the company's 2014 community convention, which took place last month. The panels were called Designing the Soldiers in XCOM, which was presented by Game Designer Ananda Gupta, and The Artwork of XCOM, by Art Director Greg Foertsch. The Firaxicon videos are available at Firaxis's Youtube channel.
October 16th, 2014
- Steam announced that XCOM: Enemy Unknown can be played for free this weekend, starting today and until next Sunday. For more details check Steam's announcement.
August 5th, 2014
- Fantasy Flight Games announced that they'll be publishing XCOM: The Board Game on the last quarter of 2014. The tabletop board game is based on XCOM: Enemy Unknown and can be played from 1-4 players, which take the individual roles of XCOM Commander, Chief Scientist, Central Officer and Squad Leader, with the help of an app companion to determine the moves of the alien forces. For more details check the publisher's page, and yes, the game comes included with plastic figures representing all soldier classes, as well as the Interceptors and UFOs. Cost is presented as $59.95 for this game and it will be available for preview at the publisher's booth on Gen Con Indy 2014.
June 13th, 2014
- OpenXcom has just completed its release 1.0 version, available for free at openxcom.org. If you're looking to spice up the original UFO: Enemy Unknown game, then check out this revamped open source clone version, developed by SupSuper and a bunch of X-COM enthusiasts. For more details about OpenXcom, see this presentation.
May 29th, 2014
- Feral Interactive has announced that they will release XCOM: Enemy Unknown as their first game for Linux this summer, using the Ubuntu 14.04 version and through SteamPlay.
May 17th, 2014
- YCOM: Enemy Unlikely - Another remake of the XCOM series, YCOM: Enemy Unlikely is a demake of XCOM: Enemy Unknown, with a bit of hilarity added. The video contains a link on its description to download and play the game.
April 29th, 2014
- X@COM - playable alpha demo. X@COM, or XCOM Rogue-like, is a current fan project that aims to replicate the original UFO: Enemy Unknown using only ASCII characters. They're aiming to finish the project by 2015 and they have a current playable alpha version that can be downloaded for playing.
March 9th, 2014
- Kokatu magazine has published an article about the creation of the original UFO: Enemy Unknown which includes a link to last year's video presentation made by its creator, Jullian Gollop, about the original game's design process.
March 4th, 2014
- XCOM: Complete Edition released for PC and Mac. Includes all of the DLCs released so far, including the Elite Soldier Pack, Slingshot and Enemy Within.
February 7th, 2014
- XCOM: Enemy Within has won the Best Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year 2013 DICE awards. For a list of winners see .
February 4th, 2014
XCOM: Enemy Within released
November 15th 2013
- And now it is the rest of the world's turn as Enemy Within receives its international release today. So get on and enjoy the all new features!
November 12th 2013
- XCOM Enemy Within is released in America with new features like the new human faction – EXALT, Base Defence and all new maps and council Missions. Enjoy the game and see you on the farm with the crashed UFO.
XCOM: Enemy Within Reviews!
November 11th 2013
- Several reviews of XCOM: Enemy Within have been published today. To read/see them, check Escapist Magazine ("All of the fun new toys, however, do work a bit against the game's biggest flaw - after a certain point of advancement, the challenge and satisfaction of snuffing aliens dissipates quickly."), Shacknews ("Firaxis once again manages to balance XCOM's disparate elements, resulting in a challenging and satisfying experience."), IGN ("Enemy Within is an amazing expansion to a brilliant tactical game.") and Strategy Informer ("I could go on about the virtues of Enemy Within, about how good it was to play through the whole campaign again, but ultimately it’ll come down to two factors: The fact that the ending hasn’t changed a bit, and the fact that, ultimately, you’re still playing the same game.", and Revision3 ("EW gets a 4 out of 5.").
The Bureau Expansion
November 8th 2013
XCOM Base Defense confirmed on EW
October 23th, 2013
- The newest preview videos released (here and here) have confirmed the addition of a Base Defense mission to XCOM: Enemy Within, a feature of the original game long called for by players. Check for more details on the Enemy Within page.
October 9th, 2013
- A new faction has been revealed for XCOM: Enemy Within, the upcoming XCOM: Enemy Unknown expansion. XCOM's new enemies are called EXALT and they're a secret paramilitary human group that is conspiring to use the alien technology and chaos of the invasion to achieve world domination. More details available at the Enemy Within page.
XCOM: Enemy Within details announced!
August 21st, 2013
- Producer 2K revealed details about XCOM: Enemy Within, the upcoming expansion to XCOM: Enemy Unknown. The main features are the addition of the Meld, a substance that allows you to create a new class (Mech Troopers), with new weapons and abilities or to genetically enhance your soldiers (Gene Mods), along with other features. The release date is November 12th (US) and 15th (rest of the world) and check the full details on the XCOM: Enemy Within page.
XCOM: Enemy Within will be revealed on August 21st
August 3rd, 2013
- Producer 2K has confirmed that it will reveal during Gamescom 2013 a new DLC for XCOM: Enemy Unknown called XCOM: Enemy Within.